[Pre-Order] Board Game: The Gig
Recommended Age: 12+
Players: 1 - 4 Players
Playing Time: 20-30 Min
In The Gig, players are members of a jazz group improvising their way through a song, vying for the spotlight, and trying to please the audience while working up mind-blowing solos!
The game takes place over six rounds, a.k.a. "songs". Each song, players count down, then roll and place dice in real time to gain symbols and create patterns. When one player has placed all four of their dice, they shout "Take it to the bridge!" and other players must stop re-rolling and place the remainder of their dice. After placing all of their dice, each player can add the shape that their dice formed to their instrument's unique solo board, each of which offers a different challenge and way of scoring. Players can use symbols gained via the song and their solo boards to quickly change their dice, keep them for endgame scoring, or spend them to buy audience cards, each of which represents a newly-gained fan who will give you another way of scoring points at game's end.
After the set list of six songs has been played, the player with the most points gained from their solo, audience cards, harmonies, and symbol sets and majorities wins.
The Gig includes a solo mode by Dávid Turczi.
- Orders for in stock items will ship within 2 to 3 business days (if orders are placed prior to Thursday of the week, shipping may occur on the Weekend).
- Orders marked as pre-order/pre-release/back-order will be shipped once stock is received (normally for pre-order/pre-release we do receive the stock in advance but, due to specific release schedules regulated by the manufacturer and/or distributor we are unable to ship these items until the release date or day after).
- If your order contain any pre-order/pre-release/back-order items, please note that fulfilment of your order will only occur once all your items are in stock.
If this a Pre-Order item, please note the following:
- Pre-Order Deposits are Refundable ONLY in the event we are unable to supply you the pre-order item, please refer to our cancellation policy on pre-orders (linked below).
- Products/items we promote for pre-order/pre-release are high in demand, as such we are limited in the quantities we are allocated/received from our distributors. Distributors may also choose to restrict our quantities and/or cancel pre-orders/pre-releases. In the very rare occasion you are impacted, we will offer a full refund.
- Pre-order/pre-release item release dates as stated on this product page is an estimate provided to us by our distributors. This date is subject to change based on communication from our distributors/manufacturers, we will update all customers impacted as soon as we receive information about changes to release dates.
- Note: Afterpay Payment method is NOT Available for Pre-Order Deposit payments (if an order include one or more deposit payments, Afterpay payment method is Not Available at checkout). We recommend placing a sperate order for Pre-Order Deposit transactions if you wish to take advantage of Afterpay for all other products OR please use alternative payment options.
By ordering a pre-order/pre-release item you are agreeing to comply with our cancellation policy relating to pre-orders.
If this a Back-Order item, please note the following:
- We consider back-order items differently to most other businesses. We believe that by partnering with you we are able to source those collectibles that you may have missed on a recent release/launch (we just need your patience to get it sourced and delivered to you).
- Once an item is 'Sold Out' and if it can still be sourced we will identify them as a [Back-Order] item on the product heading.
- Once you place an order for a back-order product we will communicate with our distributing partner to secure this for you (which means these items are sourced just for you).
- Take note of the Estimated Delivery Time. This is when you can expect the item to be delivered to you. We will keep you informed throughout the order fulfilment process.
- Back-order items are still subjected to allocation/restriction/cancellation by our distributors/manufacturer based on stock allocations/limited production runs. In the very rare occasion we are unable to source your product due to cancellation by our distributors, we will offer a full refund.
- Please be aware that back-order item delivery dates as stated on the product page is an estimate we believe that would take to fulfil your order (along with estimates provided to us by our distributors). This delivery date is subject to change without notice; however we will update all impacted customers as soon as we receive any information about potential delays.
By ordering a back-order item you are agreeing to comply with our cancellation policy relating to back-orders.