Board Game: 7 Wonders Duel
Recommended Age: 10+
Players: 2 Players
Playing Time: 30 Min
In many ways 7 Wonders: Duel resembles its parent game 7 Wonders as over three ages players acquire cards that provide resources or advance their military or scientific development in order to develop a civilization and complete wonders. What's different about 7 Wonders: Duel is that, as the title suggests, the game is solely for two players, with the players not drafting card simultaneously from hands of cards, but from a display of face-down and face-up cards arranged at the start of a round.
A player can take a card only if it's not covered by any others, so timing comes into play as well as bonus moves that allow you to take a second card immediately. As in the original game, each card that you acquire can be built, discarded for three coins, or used to construct a wonder. Each player starts with four wonder cards, and the construction of a wonder provides its owner with a special ability. Only seven wonders can be built, though, so one player will end up short.
Players can purchase resources at any time from the bank, or they can gain cards during the game that provide them with resources for future building; as you acquire resources, the cost for those particular resources increases for your opponent, representing your dominance in this area. A player can win 7 Wonders: Duel in one of three ways. Each time that you acquire a military card, you advance the military marker toward your opponent's capital, giving you a bonus at certain positions. If you reach the opponent's capital, you win the game immediately. Similarly, if you acquire all six different scientific symbols, you achieve scientific dominance and win immediately. If neither of these situations occurs, then the player with the most points at the end of the game wins.
- Orders for in stock items will ship within 2 to 3 business days (if orders are placed prior to Thursday of the week, shipping may occur on the Weekend).
- Orders marked as pre-order/pre-release/back-order will be shipped once stock is received (normally for pre-order/pre-release we do receive the stock in advance but, due to specific release schedules regulated by the manufacturer and/or distributor we are unable to ship these items until the release date or day after).
- If your order contain any pre-order/pre-release/back-order items, please note that fulfilment of your order will only occur once all your items are in stock.
If this a Pre-Order item, please note the following:
- Pre-Order Deposits are Refundable ONLY in the event we are unable to supply you the pre-order item, please refer to our cancellation policy on pre-orders (linked below).
- Products/items we promote for pre-order/pre-release are high in demand, as such we are limited in the quantities we are allocated/received from our distributors. Distributors may also choose to restrict our quantities and/or cancel pre-orders/pre-releases. In the very rare occasion you are impacted, we will offer a full refund.
- Pre-order/pre-release item release dates as stated on this product page is an estimate provided to us by our distributors. This date is subject to change based on communication from our distributors/manufacturers, we will update all customers impacted as soon as we receive information about changes to release dates.
- Note: Afterpay Payment method is NOT Available for Pre-Order Deposit payments (if an order include one or more deposit payments, Afterpay payment method is Not Available at checkout). We recommend placing a sperate order for Pre-Order Deposit transactions if you wish to take advantage of Afterpay for all other products OR please use alternative payment options.
By ordering a pre-order/pre-release item you are agreeing to comply with our cancellation policy relating to pre-orders.
If this a Back-Order item, please note the following:
- We consider back-order items differently to most other businesses. We believe that by partnering with you we are able to source those collectibles that you may have missed on a recent release/launch (we just need your patience to get it sourced and delivered to you).
- Once an item is 'Sold Out' and if it can still be sourced we will identify them as a [Back-Order] item on the product heading.
- Once you place an order for a back-order product we will communicate with our distributing partner to secure this for you (which means these items are sourced just for you).
- Take note of the Estimated Delivery Time. This is when you can expect the item to be delivered to you. We will keep you informed throughout the order fulfilment process.
- Back-order items are still subjected to allocation/restriction/cancellation by our distributors/manufacturer based on stock allocations/limited production runs. In the very rare occasion we are unable to source your product due to cancellation by our distributors, we will offer a full refund.
- Please be aware that back-order item delivery dates as stated on the product page is an estimate we believe that would take to fulfil your order (along with estimates provided to us by our distributors). This delivery date is subject to change without notice; however we will update all impacted customers as soon as we receive any information about potential delays.
By ordering a back-order item you are agreeing to comply with our cancellation policy relating to back-orders.